SecureDrop 0.4: Pre-Release Announcement
The release of the next version of SecureDrop, 0.4, is scheduled for July 25th, 2017. We will send out another notification through this blog on securedrop.org, Twitter, and the support portal when the release goes live.
What’s Coming in SecureDrop 0.4
- Enables an optional HTTPS deployment on the SecureDrop source interface
- Enables administrators to configure a custom daily reboot time
- Enables administrators to set custom text on the index of the source interface
- Adds an “unread” icon on the journalist interface to indicate which items in the individual source view are new
- Adds a “Download All” button on the individual source view
- Source and journalist interface UI/UX updates
- Adds a new "securedrop-admin" configuration script for performing common maintenance tasks
- Documentation updates and miscellaneous bugfixes
What Administrators Need To Do
- Make sure your journalist and administrator Tails drives are updated to the latest version of Tails 3, following our Tails 3 upgrade guide.
- Verify your instance automatically upgrades within 24 hours of the release announcement of SecureDrop 0.4. The Source Interface page should display the message “Powered by SecureDrop 0.4” at the bottom of the page. We will also be monitoring SecureDrop instances that are in the SecureDrop directory .
Fortunately, this release does not require you to run the Ansible playbooks again from the Admin Workstation.
As always, please submit suggestions and issues you have with the SecureDrop platform to us via: