The release of the next version of SecureDrop, 1.4.0, is scheduled for Wednesday, June 17, 2020. We will send out another notification through this blog, Twitter, and the support portal when the release is live. Changes that journalists and administrators should be aware of are summarized in this blog post. A complete list of changes can be found on GitHub.
What’s coming in SecureDrop 1.4.0?
- Bugfix: Deleting a large number of sources at the same time through the Journalist Interface will now work more reliably, instead of sometimes timing out. (Issue, Pull Request)
- SecureDrop Release Key update: The expiration date of the SecureDrop Release Key will be updated to June 30, 2021. The fingerprint of the key will not change. (Issue, Pull Request)
- Bugfix / behavior change: The configuration tool (
./securedrop-admin sdconfig) on the Admin Workstation will now explicitly support specifying multiple nameservers, and perform more validation of user input. (Pull Request)
- Dependency updates: The following dependencies on the SecureDrop servers will be updated:
What administrators will need to do
SecureDrop Application and Monitor Servers will be updated to SecureDrop 1.4.0 automatically within 24 hours of the release. As with previous releases, we will provide instructions for performing the workstation updates at the time of the release.
Questions and comments
If you have questions or comments regarding this release, please contact us:
- Via our Support Portal, if you are a member (membership is available to SecureDrop administrators on request);
- Via email@example.com (GPG encrypted) for sensitive security issues (please use judiciously);
- Via our community forums.
We also encourage you to file non-sensitive issues you encounter in our GitHub repository (issue report form).
Thank you for using SecureDrop!